Learning to place implants starts with learning to extract a tooth
“Successful implantology treatment requires surgical insight with correct soft and hard tissue management”
A unique concept:
Did you know that many people follow multiple courses but never dare to start placing implants because they lack the required oral surgery skills to define the correct incision line or raise a flap with proper dimensions for good visibility? It’s crucial to develop the surgical insight involved in complicated tooth extraction as this is the solid foundation required to build on for future implant placement.
Unique hands-on on custom made 3D printed models:
Practice surgical skills such as atraumatic extraction, bone correction, socket preservation and suturing on custom made 3D printed models with different clinical situations.
What will you learn:
- What to do with an extraction socket if the plan is to replace the tooth with an implant? The socket preservation decision matrix
- Incision and flap design for socket preservation
- Piezo electrosurgery or rotary handpieces for complicated extractions?
- Suturing techniques for socket preservation
- Complications that can occur with surgical procedures and how to treat them
Dentists who want to perform minor surgical procedures in general practice. It will be a practical course, with a pinch of theory and especially a lot of practice. You can view and prepare the theory in advance via this platform.