This course will equip you with the necessary knowledge to perform surgical extractions and to manage surgical complications. Learn the fundamental skills involved in root splitting and fractured root extraction using rotary handpieces and piezo electric surgery without damaging the buccal wall. Learn how to operate patients effectively and safely with a sterile workflow. Learn how to manage complications arising from surgical trauma including bleeding, bone fracture and sinus perforation. Learn socket preservation techniques for future implant placement. We start with OPT and Cone Beam CT image interpretation and proceed to the classical clinical situation of complicated surgical extraction of a deeply caries tooth (subgingival) with missing mesial wall. Then we advance to how to perform a third molar removal step by step and how to ensure a smooth post-operative healing. In that section you will also learn how to estimate the risk of nerve damage and how to inform the patient. Which patients are suitable for treatment in the general practice and which patient should be referred to an oral surgeon. Other topics covered include:
- Sterile work and surgical instruments.
- Use electrosurgery and use of the Piezo
- Suture materials and techniques.
- Anatomy for Oral Surgery
- Anesthetic per indication.
- Incision and flap design
- What do I do with the alveolus if the plan is to replace the tooth with an implant?
- Hands-on training suturing, maintenance of the alveolus, developing lap, use of handpiece, Indication and instruction and hands-on use of piezo. Indication and instruction and hands-on training using Electrotoom.
Mentor: Dr. Bassam Hassan
What Will You Learn?
- Lectures: Learn the clinical procedure for successfully removing a tooth with deep caries, root fracture or peri-apical granuloma. Learn soft and hard tissue management, antrum perforation closure and surgical suturing.
- Hands-on: Practice extractions on custom 3D models. Master the root splitting technique using rotary handpieces and piezo electric surgery. Learn when to apply a specific suturing technique.
Extraction Socket Preservation Autogenous Bone11:45
2 Root Splitting Using A Round Bur2:47
Socket Preservation Multiple Teeth15:15
1 Uncomplicated Extraction1:30
Wisdom tooth extraction3:25
Extraction 36 with socket preservation using autogenous bone harvesting with Auto Chip Maker12:45
Extraction 17 using Piezo Surgery5:14
Continuous suture completely edentulous4:06
Continuous suture partially edentulous5:48
Single interrupted sutures2:26
mesially impacted wisdom tooth removal exercise4:12
Root splitting using rotary handpiece2:22
Using forceps and elevators1:59
Basic instruments in oral surgery10:55